- This is a 14 day rolling average of C-19 deaths as reported on coronavirus.data.gov.uk ( not a total picture but a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- RT @TheRickWilson: Swarm, friends. I would love to know who this douchecanoe is... 20 hours ago
- RT @edwardpoole1975: Boris Johnson breaking the promise to stop chlorinated chicken coming in to the UK is not at all surprising. What alwa… 20 hours ago
- RT @ScottThuman: SHOCKING: to see members of the media also taking direct, *intentional* punches and swings from police as they cleared the… 3 days ago
- RT @camanpour: Houston Police Chief @ArtAcevedo: “Let me just say this to the President of the United States, on behalf of the police chief… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: history
As 2014 ends I thought I’d better just upload the calendars from the last 3 months of the year for Doidges annual of 1914. Happy New Year 2015 ! … Continue reading
Slightly late this month but we have the usual monthly calendar, pictures of Mt Edgcumbe and Saltram and a directory of all of the advertisers in Doidges 1914.
Along with the calendar for July we have a double page picture of Lord and Lady Hardinge which Doidges featured and some information about the Eddystone lighthouse.. and jokes !
“A dripping June brings all things in tune ….”
Welcome to Plymouth in 1914 and the monthly page for April from Doidges. I scanned a page about the chemists and druggists available for you to visit at the time. The photo is of an area just next to Plymouth … Continue reading
This post from Doidge’s annual 1914 is of all of the places of public worship in Plymouth , Devonport and Stonehouse in 1914 together with the names of the various officiating clergy. The usual advertisements face each page and I … Continue reading
Some more useful information for the Plymothian of 1914 including advertisements and one of the photograph pages showing a visit of Winston Churchill to the City.